Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Cleverprints Floral Crackled Hanging Sign

 Hello crafters!

I really enjoyed creating this mixed media hanging sign using the new 'Blooms Framed #1' dies from Cleverprints.  


Here is a list of what you will need:

'Blooms Framed #1' dies,
A wooden substrate of your choice,
Crackle medium of your choice,
Spatula,
Acrylic paints.  I used Paper Artsy chalk paint in 'Moon Light', Dylusions 'Crushed Grape'
Dolly Dimples mixed media card stock,
Spray inks.  I used Dylusions 'Blue |Lagoon', Laidback Lilac', 'Jade' & 'Teal', and Distress Oxide in 'Kitsch Flamingo', Mica Stain in 'Snowflake' and 'Hocus Pocus,
A cardboard box to protect your work surface,
Heat gun,
Gilding Flakes & glue,
A purple & white crayon,
decorative ribbon,
Glue,

The first step was to apply an even coat of my darkest paint to my wooden sign.


Once the paint was dry, apply the Crackle medium.  I used a spatula.


Whilst I was waiting for this to dry thoroughly, I started to make my flowers using my spray inks.  I placed my card in my cardboard box and  sprayed one piece of card with the blue and colours and another piece with the pink and purple colours.  I used a heat gun between layers to stop the colours from blending together too much, but encouraged drips and splodges!  I kept all the flower centres to use in the design, too.



Next, I repeatedly cut out the flower shapes from the die.  Cut out more than you think you will need as you can always use them on another project if you don't end up needing them all.

Once my wooden sign was dry, I painted over it with my lighter paint.  The colour of the darker paint underneath would then show through the cracks.  When this was dry, I highlighted the cracks further by going over them with my purple and white crayons, rubbing it in with my finger.



Now it is time to create your composition.  I didn't stick anything down until I was happy with the design, plus I would then know where I wanted the gilding flakes to be.  I took photographs at sach stage of the composition so that I could refer to the images when I was ready to glue.



 

I then applied my gilding flakes and adhered all my flowers, and wrapped a decorative ribbon around the string.



I hope you like this project, I certainly had great fun in making it!

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed stamped candle

  For this blog post for Cleverprints, I decided to decorate a candle using stamps.  This is something very simple to do which you can do wi...