Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Oddella Fairy mixed media tag

 


Hello crafters, for this month’s Polkadoodles DT project, I was inspired to use the quirky ‘Oddella Fairy’ digi stamp as I thought the image was perfect for a mixed media project.  To start, I cut and coloured the image with Promarkers and Polychromos Pencils, choosing to work with purples and greys for a more gothic feel, sizing her to fit on a 9.5” tag which I cut from recycled packaging. 

To create texture, I used ‘Distress Texture Paste’ through the Polkadoodles ‘Going Batty’ stencil and cut out 2 bats from the ‘Bat Crazy’ die by Sizzix,  I then cut some random shapes out of card scraps, including gate post shapes, circles and leaves, painting the whole lot, including the tag, in black gesso. 

Once dry, I assembled my composition of shapes on to the tag, without sticking anything down at this stage.  Once I was happy with the composition, I added additional mental embellishments, thick cotton, 3D balls and more texture paste.  I then stuck all the elements down with multi-purpose medium and reapplied black gesso to make sure there was an even covering.

To really bring out the texture, I used metallic waxes in shades of silver, purple and blue over the tag and sprayed seam binding ribbon in ink, fraying the edges to give it a distressed look.  Finally, I secured the fairy used multi-purpose medium and added a sentiment from the ‘Let’s Hang Out Sentiments Bundle - Winnie download bundle’.  I really enjoyed making this month’s project and I hope you like it.

Happy crafting!

Gabrielle

 Polkadoodles Products used
‘Oddella Fairy Ickyink Art alternative’ digistamp
‘Going Batty’ Stencil
‘Let’s Hang Out Sentiments Bundle - Winnie download bundle’

 

Other Products
Promarkers – Amethyst, Black, Bluebell,  Blossom, Cardinal Red, Cool Grey 3, 4 & 5, Lilac, Lime Green & Vanilla
Copics – Brown
Polychromos Colour Pencils
Sakura Gelly Roll – 08 & Clear Star
Sizzix ‘Bat Crazy’ die
Distress Texture Paste (Matte)
Black Gesso
Dylusions Ink Sprays – Balmy Night & Royal Blue
Metallic Rub-Ons – Sky Blue, Iris, Silver Blue & Golden White
Seam binding ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed stamped candle

  For this blog post for Cleverprints, I decided to decorate a candle using stamps.  This is something very simple to do which you can do wi...