Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Halloween Whimsy

 


This Halloween, I thought I should make a whimsical seasonal piece. For this mixed media project, I used an mdf base which I first primed. I then roughly applied acrylic paints, drying each layer so as not to muddy the colours. I then used stencils from JMC Designs and Funky Fossil Designs to create the swirly spell and starry sky. The images of the witch, cauldron, bats and raven are die cut from Tim Holtz Sizzix dies. I added texture to the cauldron by roughly applying texture place. The moon background was created using the moon mask from Ranger and texture paste.

I am entering this make on the Always Anything Goes Challenge





4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. How exciting that you are just starting your blog, your first project is lovely, great design, colors, textures! I am your first follower, looking forward to your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly and completely gorgeous! What a feast for the eyes and inspiration for Halloween crafters everywhere.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed stamped candle

  For this blog post for Cleverprints, I decided to decorate a candle using stamps.  This is something very simple to do which you can do wi...