Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 13, 2022

Explore the Wildflowers Cleverprints project using masking technique and a muted colour palette

 Hello crafters!  For today's DT post for Cleverprints I wanted to create a card with a muted and simple colour palette to showcase the beautiful designs within the stamps.  I chose to use the large flower design and sentiment from the  Explore the Wildflowers stamp set, two of the smaller background stamps from the  Floral Twist stamp set and the Shape Fun stencil.



To start, I stamped the main image in the centre of a piece of super smooth card using VersaFine Clair ink in 'Nocturne' which is a very true black.  I then stamped the image again on to a sheet of mask-it, cutting it out and placing it directly over my stamped card. This is so that I could create the background without any of the colour transferring to my stamped image as I wanted to keep it white.


Next, I chose my colours for the background and starting with the 'Worn Lipstick' Distress Ink, I blended around the masked image using a blending brush.  I then repeated the process using 'Gathered Twigs' Distress Ink, going very gently so as not to put too much colour on the card.  

Still keeping the mask in place, I laid the stencil over the top and stenciled through it with 'Tea Dye' Distress Ink.


To finish, I stamped the background stamps in black over the top.  I then removed the mask, stamped the sentiment and mounted on to Kraft Card.  I was really pleased with how the background makes the lovely stamp design pop.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed stamped candle

  For this blog post for Cleverprints, I decided to decorate a candle using stamps.  This is something very simple to do which you can do wi...