Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Serenity Blossom Mixed Media Canvas


 Hello crafters, for this month’s DT project for Polkadoodles  I used the beautiful Serenity Blossom digi stamp.  There was something about her expression that I found very mischievous, so I had to use the ‘The Fairies made me do it’ sentiment from Serenity Fairy Wishes Sentimentals - Digital Craft download bundle.

To start, I sprayed the canvas board with inks, drying between layers.  Once dried, I applied a sparkly embossing paste through Polkadoodles ‘Starry Nights’ stencil.  I wanted the fairy to be in a fairy glen, so I used mushroom digi stamps from Lily Bug Love digis bundle kit, manipulating them on my PC to flip the perspective and overlay them together.  I then coloured the mushrooms and the main image with Promarker pens, Polychromos and a white pen to add highlights.  I used a grass die to create texture and ground the central image

Once I had assembled my composition, I applied Diamond Dust glitter and stickles to add a bit of sparkle.

I loved creating this piece and I hope you like it.  Happy crafting,

Gabrielle

 

Polkadoodles products used

Serenity Blossom digi stamp

Serenity Fairy Wishes Sentimentals - Digital Craft download bundle

‘Starry Nights’ stencil

 

Other Products used

Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Dust glitter

Distress Oxide Spray – Kitsch Flamingo

Dylusions Ink Sprays – Laidback Lilac, Lemon, Lime, Royal Blue

Promarker pens – Amethyst, Berry Red, Blossom, Grass, Lime Green, Magenta, Orchid, Pastel Pink, Poppy, Purple Violet

That’s Crafty Holographic Fine Texture Paste

Stickles – ‘Star Dust’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed stamped candle

  For this blog post for Cleverprints, I decided to decorate a candle using stamps.  This is something very simple to do which you can do wi...