Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Patterned Flowers card with stamps, stencils & dies

 

Welcome to my blog for my Dseign Team contibution for Cleverprints. For this Inspiration Week, I chose to create a card using bold, bright colours, with stenils, sprays and doodling using Jane's new Patterned Flowers Collection.

To start, take a piece of mixed media card stock & palce in a cardboard box ready for sprying.  This will protect your work space.  Choose your colours, I picked 3 complimentary sprays.  


Lightly spary the card, drying between layers if you wish to build up the layers rather than have a blend.



When you are happy with your background, place your stencil over it and using the same colours, spray through the stencil.  I used the Patterned Borders Stencil.  Again, dry between layers.


Next, cut your piece to size.  I was creating an 8" x 8" card, so cut my piece down to 7.5" x 7.5".  Keep the scraps as these will be used later.

Next, die cut pieces in black card for the border.  I used a glossy black card & the Patterned Flowers Border Die Set.  I cut 3 spearate borders.

Arrange two of these to create a border along two sides.  For the other two sides, cut two equal strips from your left over card. For added interest, cut your third die cut and layer over the top of the two strips.











Place your piece in satmping platform and stamp your image in Memento ink.  I used the Droplet Flower stamp set.








Doodle in yout image with a white and black pen.


Add further detail drwing through the stencil with the same pens.  I hope you enjoyed this blog post and Happy Ctafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed stamped candle

  For this blog post for Cleverprints, I decided to decorate a candle using stamps.  This is something very simple to do which you can do wi...