Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Foreever Special Angel


Here is my latest Design Team sample for Polkadoodles. Mixed media is so much fun as you get to combine different mediums and there really are no rules. I used a combination of stamps, stencils, inks, sprays, pens and pencils to make this colourful over-sized tag.  

To start, I made my own tag out a of an A4 sheet of mixed media card stock.   I then sprayed it using a combination of Distress Ink and Distress Oxide sprays.  Once dried I used the ‘Creative Angel ‘ stencil with distress ink pads and stamped the ‘Forever Special Angel’ head stamp with Versa Fine Clair in ‘Nocturne’.  I coloured the skin tone using Caran D’Ache water soluble wax pastel in ‘Salmon’.  I used water soluble Woody pencils for the hair, lips and eyes.   

To add detail to the tag, I used a text stamp from the ‘Vintage Text’, stamp set and a border stamp from the ‘Forever Special Angel’ stamp set, highlighting with a white Sakura pen.  To ground the angel I stamped a leaf border from the ‘Believe’ stamp set and continued with the leaf motif using a large leaf stamp from the ‘Little Kingdom’ stamp set which I coloured using Distress Oxide ink pads.  I wanted to enhance the teal colour from the tag, so I stamped a circular shape from ‘Magic Garden’, colouring it in the same teal blue oxide as the background.

To finish the tag, I stamped the sentiment from the ‘Believe’ stamp set.  This project really highlights how the different Polkadoodles stamp sets work together.

I look forward to seeing your projects this month.  Happy Crafting!

Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed stamped candle

  For this blog post for Cleverprints, I decided to decorate a candle using stamps.  This is something very simple to do which you can do wi...